The spread of the novel coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 in 2019 continues to evolve and has become a endemic disease (Covid-19). As we all know, our normal has changed - for now and the foreseeable future. Your health and safety, as well as others in your sphere of influence, is our greatest concern. Inform yourself, protect yourself, and stay healthy. A link to more detailed information about Covid-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) appears to the right.
Questions and Answers for 2021 and 2022 PLUSS
Is PLUSS cancelled for 2021?
- Yes. PLUSS 2021 is canceled.
- Due to the increasing rate of SARS-Cov-2 Delta variant infection rates and decreased vaccination rates throughout the U.S.
- Not at this time - check back for updates.
- The planning committee will meet again in January to re-assess the COVID-19 situation and any restrictions.
- Many factors must be considered including state, county, and university policies.
- The safety and health of all participants, instructors, and other persons involved in the event are our first priority.
- This website will be updated with new information as it becomes available.
- Due to the situational unpredictability of the pandemic in the months ahead:
- We must remain calm, optimistic, and continue to plan for the future - as best we can.
- No, the registration portal for 2022 PLUSS is not open at this time.
- We will open registration when an event date has been decided.
- Maybe - it depends on the date of the event (even if changed) and the date you request a refund.
- We realize the fluidity of the COVID-19 situation, but we are committed to a percentage of hotel and food reservations.
- 15 days before the event start date we cannot issue any refunds.
- If we receive an emailed refund request within the following number of days prior to the event start date:
- 15 to 0 days - No refund, but you can substitute another student at no additional cost.
- 30 to 16 days - 50% refund, substitute a student, or carryover for PLUSS 2023.
- Before 31 days - 100% refund, substitute a student, or carryover for PLUSS 2023.
- Reply to both your Part A and Part B registration confirmation emails to submit a refund request.
- Submitted requests are not valid until you receive a reply confirming we received your emailed request.
- Highly dependent on the work status of West Virginia University employees.
- Expect 30 to 45 days on a normal basis.
- Expect more than 45 days, possibly months, if COVID-19 quarantines and possibly furloughs are in effect.