The emerging spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve and has become a pandemic disease. As we all know, our normal has changed - at least for now. Your health and safety, as well as others in your sphere of influence, is our greatest concern. Inform yourself, protect yourself, and stay healthy. A link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) appears to the right.
Questions and Answers for 2020 PLUSS
Is PLUSS still scheduled for June 2020?
- No, the previously scheduled event dates in June are no longer viable due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- No, not at this point in time.
- Due to policy changes at West Virginia University [the sponsoring organization] large group meetings and sponsored events are prohibited due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- At this time, the event is on hold (paused) for possible rescheduling in September or October.
- A decision will be made in late June or early July regarding postponement to a September/October time frame or (if necessary) cancellation for 2020. Many factors must be considered including state, county, and university policies as well as the safety and health of all participants.
- This website will be updated with new information as it becomes available. Due to the situational unpredictability of the pandemic in the months ahead, we must remain calm, optimistic, and continue to plan for the future - as best we can.
- No, the registration portal for 2020 PLUSS is now paused. We will re-open registration when a new event date is decided.
- Maybe - it depends on the date of the event (even if changed) and the date you request a refund.
- We realize the fluidity of the COVID-19 situation, but we are committed to hotel and food reservations 15 days before the event start date and cannot issue any refund.
- If we receive an emailed refund request within the following number of days prior to the event start date:
- 15 to 0 days - No refund, but you can substitute another student at no additional cost.
- 30 to 16 days - 50% refund, substitute a student, or carryover for PLUSS 2021.
- Before 31 days - 100% refund, substitute a student, or carryover for PLUSS 2021.
- Reply to your Part A or Part B registration confirmation email to submit a refund request.
- Highly dependent on the work status of West Virginia University employees.
- Expect 30 to 45 days on a normal basis.
- Expect more than 45 days, possibly months, if COVID-19 quarantines are in effect.
Updated: April 22, 2020